Level 2 Award in Manual Handling Principles & Practice
This new CIEH qualification provides essential information about manual handling hazards and their control.
To give you maximum flexibility this one qualification gives you two possible outcomes. Part 1 can be delivered as a half-day programme for learners who only wish to gain the CIEH Level 2 Award in Principles of Manual Handling. Those who need to learn about practical manual handling techniques can stay on for a further half day training session and assessment to gain the full CIEH Level 2 Award in Manual Handling – Principles and Practice.
The CIEH has developed this qualification to benefit anyone who has to carry out any manual handling activities at work by introducing them to the hazards of manual handling, the risks involved and the controls that are available to help prevent injury. The course in addition will teach learners techniques to lift, carry, push and pull objects safely within their individual capabilities with the aim of reducing the number of work-related injuries associated with manual handling.
Part 1 will allow learners to understand the risks associated with manual handling and to make recommendations to manage those risks.
Part 2 will allow learners to apply the principles of safer handling to a range of everyday manual handling tasks.
The training programme covers the following topics:
- manual handling hazards, risks and controls
- how manual handling operations can cause injury and harm
- the scope of legal requirements and where guidance can be found
- the process for assessing manual handling risks
- the value of risk assessment and how it applies to safe manual handling practice
- manual handling techniques – lifting loads from low levels/working at low levels/lowering from height/pushing loads/pulling loads/carrying/team handling
- Designed for: any employee
- Course duration: one-day programme
- Assessment: 30 multiple choice questions plus practical assessment
- Level: 2
- Where can i buy synthroid
- Buy kamagra pill
Price: £49 per person (based on a minimum of 10)
plus VAT at the standard rate
‘In House’ courses can be offered.
Prices £390 plus VAT for up to 10 delegates